(first, allow me to apologize for duplicate posting this morning….I just really had to get this one out)
I often consider myself blessed that I don’t have to go to work on Mondays. While everyone is getting back to the hustle and bustle of the work week, I am quietly sitting at home…..but who am I fooling?
We are still chaotic as we get into the hustle and bustle of the school week. No one wants to awake for school…(even me) and I have so much catching up to business of my own to do…
Let’s re-cap MY morning so far…..(and it is ONLY 10:00am)
- I have risen from bed and kissed my sleeping husband on the cheek
- Prayed over my household and children
- Brewed a pot of coffee
- Written a blog post (This one would make #2)
- Woke up 2 kids (aprox 8 times each…luckily the older bunch wake themselves up)
- Assisted one with finding appropriate attire
- Managed to dress myself, brush my own teeth, and comb my own hair (ok, I don’t comb it…but I threw a headband in it; that counts…right?)
- Delivered 6 kids to school just.before.the.bell.rang!
- Produced and distributed 1000 fundraiser copies to the 3 different schools in our district; all while smiling at the staff and wishing them a happy Monday. I think I also had a few moments to be an encouragement to another mom that I met in the copy room.
- Returned a forgotten binder to a 7th grader
- 4 loads of laundry….and counting
- Cleaned the kitchen
- Sewed the arm of a shirt
- Cut up the veggies for tonight’s dinner
Whew, I’m tired…and again it’s only 10:00 am! Now I would like to share with you what I HAVEN’T done this morning:
- I have not read Gods word…(no, the pop up daily scripture on my phone doesn’t count)
- I sent 4 kids to school without breakfast, and probably not enough time to even grab it AT school
- I sent one child to school without lunch (no, it isn’t served at his school)
- I have one (possibly two) children that didn’t brush their teeth
- At least one child has mismatched socks on
- Yes I prayed over my family…(as a mother should) This should be done daily, and frankly : I only get it done occasionally.
- Although I distributed all those wonderful flyers…..I am actually 1-2 weeks late.
- and that mom….I have been frettig since the moment I left that room….”Lord, I missed it, didn’t I?” “Did I share just enough Jesus without causing her to believe the ptsa is a bunch of Bible thumping freaks”…(“cause really new mom, I’m the only one”)
- I have a dog that hasn’t eaten yet, because I haven’t gone to the store to get him food. (maybe he’ll get cat food this morning)
- I have a lizard cage that I insisted to my 9 year old MUST be cleaned over the weekend, still waiting to be cleaned.
- Although the kitchen is clean, I honestly did grumble about the dishes that I didn’t cook in, but am now washing….and honestly the rest of the house is a wreck!
- Nice that I cut up the veggies for tonight’s dinner, like I’m really ahead of the game: Tonight’s dinner will be the soup that my husband lovingly started for me Saturday night that was supposed to be Sundays dinner.
- Ah, yes…4 loads of laundry: washed, dried, folded/hung…..but not one piece put away!
- I have not showered….(yes, I dressed and made myself presentable….Just don’t get to close 😉 I have 2-3 boys that shower in the morning, so I usually have to wait…or do it at night.
- There are 3 weeks …3 WEEKS of Sunday papers waiting for me to clip through….which also means it has been almost that long since I have grocery shopped….
- There is this hideous colored nail polish on my nails that desperately needs to be changed.
- an overflowing inbox, that I MUST get through…because working the next 3 days surely won’t allow me to.
- I have not exercised…..my oh my,….I.NEED.TO.EXERCISE!
While I totally believe that STARTING my day in prayer has helped my morning go a bit more smoothly than it normally would have, I can’t for the life of me figure out why I don’t remember to do it every.single.other morning….
How do you manage you Manic Mondays? Is there a way you balance your week to make sure your Mondays go more smoothly….are their preparations you do over the weekend?
Briefly share in the comment section what a Monday morning might look like for you.
Thinking this might make a good weekly Monday post? What do you think?
Linked up here: 1/15/2012