Well, so I am sitting here late at night (cause isn’t that when we all do our writing?) I’m searching my brain for ways that Jesus has moved in my life this week. I better get good at this right? I plan to link up each week at A Life in need of change.
Seriously, I feel as if someone just handed me a pop quiz. My thinker is froze. Why would it so difficult to think of some amazing way Jesus has moved in my life this week?
Then it dawned on me, I was looking for some great miraculous way, instead of my everyday blessings!
Jesus didn’t part any seas for me, He didn’t raise anyone from the dead in my life, and He didn’t heal any diseases. Or did He? So, I will list the MANY ways He moves quietly (yet still amazingly in my life). The kinds of ways I usually DON’T take time to recognize!
- I still have a well-paying job with a pretty flexible schedule, while many others have none. (even though I often grumble that I have to work right now)
- I have 5 healthy, vibrant, beautiful boys (even if they do bicker and name call non-stop)
- Our family has traveled 500 miles this week to visit distant family this week, and we arrived safely without incident. (I75 was our red sea)
- I have awoken each morning with air in my lungs, and eternal life in my heart. (yes, I am raised from the dead daily through His mercies)
- I have a husband who loves me completely, although I am with flaw. (even if I do complain to and about him continuously)
- I continue to be freed from the awful disease of depression and anxiety. Each day I am closer to being set free from that bondage.
- And mostly….I have a savior that loves me completely and unconditionally. He takes me with my flaws, and he mends those flaws daily.
I am glad I didn’t have any miraculous (by society’s terms) things happen this week. I may never have taken the time to focus on just of the few everyday things He has done in my life!
If you take your mind out of the bigger picture, what subtle ways has Jesus moved in your life this week?